Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Kolachki

I like to think of them as "healthy" cookies. They're not really, but there's no sugar in the dough itself, so I can pretend. :) And I suppose eating the entire batch in one sitting also makes them not healthy, but still.

Kolachki

1 stick butter
6 oz cream cheese
2 c flour
jam of your choice (I like apricot or cherry)

Let butter and cream cheese soften, then combine thoroughly. Add in flour and work it into a dough (you may need to use your hands). Wrap in plastic and chill overnight. Roll dough out very thin and cut into squares. Spoon a small amount of jam diagonally across each square, then fold 2 other corners over (like wrapping a baby in a blanket). Use a little water to keep corners stuck, and pinch them so they don't unwrap. Bake at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes. Yum! (Gazpacho made the inspired suggestion that a little drizzle of powdered sugar frosting wouldn't be amiss. I don't know how that would fit in with my healthy theme for these guys, but I'm not saying it wouldn't be divine!)

3 comments:

klunker said...

I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOO glad you posted this! I lost my "Cream Cheese Kolachki" recipe years ago and have been regretting it ever since! Hip hip hooray and Hallelujah in Excelsis Deo: Kolachki rides again!

Perfectly Imperfect said...

I will be looking for my box of Kolachki goodness in the mail so that I too can be excited for a cookie recipe that doesn't include sugar or chocolate!

Perfectly Imperfect said...

One more thing - KLUNKER! Where on earth did you get that picture of me and why are you using it as your ID?